Need a few moving and storage tips for your summer move? Long distance moving entails a lot of organization and our experts can give you a few pointers. Moving to our Royersford PA or Southampton PA area this summer? We offer 2 storage locations in the suburbs of Philadelphia PA, so if you are relocating for work, a storage unit can help you keep your belongings organized.
All-Time Self Storage has climate controlled storage units in Southampton PA and vehicle parking in Royersford PA. Both of our storage facilities make it a goal to provide the most ideal storage experience for you.
This month we have the moving and storage tips you will need for your summer moves.
A Month Before
- Staging your home does not have to be done by professionals. Start packing your belongings and make as much open space as possible by moving these boxes to a storage unit.
- Start looking for new schools and healthcare offices in your new neighborhood.
- Contact local moving companies if moving down the street or national movers if moving out of state.
Two Weeks Before
- Transfer your records from doctors and dentist offices. If the kids will be starting in a new school district transfer their records.
- Head to the post office for change of address forms or set it up online.
- Reserve your storage unit online or give us a call. All-Time Self Storage can reserve your storage unit 2 weeks before you want to move in.
The Day Of
- Keep a clear path from the boxes to the front door, and have everything labeled.
- Your new lease, passports, drivers licenses, and any other important papers you may need should be kept all together.
- Take a final walk through the house, enjoy this last moment in your home.
A Week After
- Now you need to restock your pantry. Fill up on basics like spices and canned food, these items may have gotten donated or thrown away before.
- Double check your mail is being forwarded and other businesses are aware of your new address.
- Take your time unpacking by moving a few boxes to storage.
Think seasonal organization or start moving to a new house with extra storage space at All-Time Self Storage. Choose your location closest to you, then rent online!